Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Supreme Chocolate Cupcakes

Never get tired of chocolate. Never get tired of cupcakes.
They are my kids :)
Decided to try this then - from Precious Moments



 
Soft, chocolaty - yum!

What you need:

57g cocoa powder
1/3 cup boiling water
106g cake flour
220g castor sugar (original recipe: 250g)
2 1/8 tsp baking powder
167g unsalted butter
3 large eggs
1.5 tbsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 180degC
Combine cocoa powder and boiling water to form a paste. Set aside
Sift together all the dry ingredients. Set aside
Whisk eggs and vanilla extract together. Add a third of the cocoa mixture to the egg mixture. Whisk till all incorporated
Add the remaining cocoa mixture and the butter to the dry ingredients mixture and mix together for 1.5 mins
Add the cocoa egg mixture to the cocoa dry ingredients mixture in 2 separate addition
Mixing for 30 seconds between each addition.
Ensure all the cocoa egg mixture is well blended
Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 full
Bake for 20 min

Bought some ready to use fondant from Poon Huat
I've been curious in trying decorating cakes with fondant - it's the trend nowadays

Say hi to Mr Cat and Ms Panda :)

















Ms Panda

















Mr Cat

















Heart

















This is really my very first time handling fondant - blindly doing everything without guidance whatsoever, plus no proper tools
I must say this ain't easy - it's again back to one's gifted hands, and I don't think I am :)
So I am pretty proud with my this work - perhaps with more proper tools and more practice, I can do better and I won't be surprised if I can get hooked by it :)
We'll see! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...