Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chocolate Chip & Strawberry Jam Bread Pudding

So tired of eating bread for breakfast, but so many leftover bread..what to do?
Ok, let's try this recipe, a cut out I found in my recipes box, I can't remember exactly where I got this, I think it's from Straits Times, quite sometime ago








































Yummy, fluffy, moist, tasty, not overly sweet and the best is it's easy to make - yes!!!
I put too much chocolate chips (yes, me - the chocolate addict keke...) til can't really taste the jam
Next time I will put lesser chocolate chips and more jam

The original recipe uses marmalade and dried cranberry - worth trying next time!
Also thinking of another combo: nutella spread and golden raisins :P

What you need:

12 slices of bread (I use white bread, wholemeal bread will give more dense texture)
strawberry / raspberry jam
semi sweet chocolate chips
750ml fresh milk
3 eggs
1/2 tbsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp sugar

Prepare 2 bread loaves, lightly buttered
Spread bread with jam, cut into 2 and layer neatly or tear into chunks
Sprinkle chocolate chips in between layers

Beat milk, sugar, eggs and vanilla essence til well mixed
Pour over the bread and let stand for 30mins
Bake at preheated oven at 180degC for 30-45mins

4 comments:

  1. this bread pudding looks absolutely divine Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thks jess! :)
    it is really sinfully yummy :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice, thanks for visiting my blog. I'm happy to be your follower to see more of home cooked food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Zoe, thks! let's share each other :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...