Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Sweet & Spicy Prawns

I just realized I had this in my kitchen cabinet - fortunately it's still not expired























I had plan to cook prawn dish today but not with this sauce
But since I got this with me, I'd better use it up before it's forgotten again :)


















Dunno what I've done wrong, it turned out so different from what's shown in the packaging
The sauce is real close to chilli crab sauce - DH was quite happy with this dish, unlike me whom expected something different with the prawns I have bought

Following exactly from the instructions in the packaging, what you need:

80g peeled prawns - butterflied
1 pack egg tofu - sliced
1 small onion - julienned
oil, eggs, potato starch, water

Heat oil, deep fry egg tofu til golden brown - set aside
With a little oil, stir fry onion til fragrant, add prawns, stir til half cooked
Add in the sauce and a little water, also fried egg tofu, stir til well mixed
Add in potato starch which has been diluted with a little water and eggs, stir
Off heat
Serve with hot rice

Next time I will have mantou to eat this dish - if there is next time hehe...
Okay, I'd better buy another batch of prawns to cook with my initial planned recipe :)

2 comments:

  1. Que buena receta me encanta los camarones o gambas,se ve muy tentadora y sabrosa,lindo blog,abrazos y cariños.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Rosita, gracias por visitar mi blog y su cumplido tipo:)
    (Desde Google Translate ^_^)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...