Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Rolled Crepes With Coconut Filling (Kueh Dadar Intih)

Remember my coconut buns?
I still had some leftover coconut filling, and decided to make kueh dadar intih
In Indonesia, we call it 'dadar gulung' (gulung means - rolled)

My coconut filling was white in color whereas usually this snack has brown coconut filling (done with palm sugar)
But, it's only color - taste is just as yummy so I just proceeded :)
Found some several recipes, then decided to try Hesti's (yes, again! ^_^)
Thanks Hesti for the yummy recipe and also the tips :)

Yes I know, I gotta practise in the rolling part :P

The coconut filling I made was initially for buns filling so it's a little more moist than the normally coconut filling for kueh dadar 

What you need: (modified a little)

150g plain flour
1 egg
150ml water
125ml coconut milk (I used Kara)
1/4tsp salt
1 tbsp sweet condensed milk
1 tbsp butter - melted
1 tsp pandan paste

Mix all the ingredients above
Heat flat non stick pan, spoon 1/4cup of batter into the pan and tilt the pan around to form a circle - flip and cook the other side
Once cooled, fill with coconut and roll

Note:
To achieve the perfect texture (with perforated holes on the crepes), make sure the pan is real hot when pouring the batter and immediately turn it to low heat - mantain at low heat throughout cooking process
The thickness of the crepes has to be just nice - too thin, it can burn very easily when cooked - too thick, it can break during rolling
It all depends on the batter - the thicker the batter is, the thicker crepes you'll get, the thinner the batter is, the thinner the crepes

I love this snack - love love love! :)
Next time, I will use the original recipe for the filling - definitely will be much yummier :)

5 comments:

  1. It's been a long time since I had one...so yummy,I like this kueh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kueh Dadar is always a Nonya classic! Making thin crepes and rolling them can be tricky and you did very well for these kuehs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these too. I have been wanting to do these for the longest time ever but always don't have the time. Seeing yours now make me so tempted to start on them soon !

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Cindy, yes, my fave too - thks! :)

    hi Zoe, thks! i personally think the rolling is still far from satisfactory hehe... but its really yum! :)

    hi Joyce, cant wait to see ur posting on this - thks! :)

    hi Sonia, hehe...my hubby loves this so much too! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...