Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting

One of the many recipes in my to do list, been so long there, so gotta put it into action :)

Red velvet cupcakes, do you believe it, I have never even once tried the taste of this pretty cake
So, one of the reason, or I can say, the first reason, is my curiousity about the taste... from the 'red', and the texture... from the 'velvet'
And my other question mark need an urgent answer, why this cake is always topped with cream cheese frosting

I really had no regret picking up this recipe to jump the queue :)
It's indeed such a beauty with quality!
There's no 'red' taste, it's just like when you eat chocolate cupcakes, not the dark deep rich type though
And the 'velvet' texture, I really can't agree more! It's pillowy soft, indeed reminds me of velvet :)

A truly keeper, in overall


Recipe is from Sweet Pea's Kitchen
The only thing I omitted was the cinnamon for the frosting


I'm submitting these cupcakes to   Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes (November 2011) hosted by Min

8 comments:

  1. Lovely cupcakes ! And the frosting is so nicely piped too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the colour of ur red velvet cake is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cupcakes is gorgeous! I guess the reason for the cream cheese is it goes perfectly well with the Red Velvet Cake! But then I prefer cream cheese frosting over buttercream anytime! Yum! Lovely bake, Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow your red color looks really good. and it does look super moist too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Joyce, thks :) btw, i love ur new kitchen, so country style and all white - my fave color for kitchen :)
    oh, and we use the same breadmaker haha...

    hi Angel, thks! i love it too :)

    hi Joyce, same here, cream cheese frosting is definitely more yummy than buttercream...most of the time i scrap off the buttercream when i eat birthday cake :P
    thks :)

    hi Janine, thks! it is indeed a moist cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wonder why too is always cream cheese frosting but it is indeed a very delicious combination! lovely cupcakes, alice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet. Wonder can we use natural food color to replace the red gel-paste?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...