Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Blueberry Orange Muffins

I always love any kind of cakes with fruits
So, when I managed to get fresh blueberries, I was thinking of pancakes and muffins, and the final choice was muffins :)

Saw this recipe in Ann's site, literally made me drooling, so this was my choice :)
I made 1 and 1/2 recipe since I wanted to share some with my neighbour and I made half with chocolate chips for my kids since they do not really fancy blueberries
Such a soft and moist muffins, yum!



This is the blueberry muffin


And this is the  chocolate chips one


Below is one recipe...

What you need:

250g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
120g castor sugar
2 large eggs (room temperature)
4 tbsp fresh orange juice
2 tsp orange zest
180ml oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
160g plain yoghurt
125g frozen blueberries (1punnet)
  1. Sieve flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and mix well. Set aside
  2. Whisk eggs together, add in yoghurt, vanilla, orange juice, orange zest and oil til combined. NOT to overbeat this mixture
  3. Batter should be thick (spoonable, not pourable)
  4. Scoop batter to muffin cups til 80% full
  5. Bake at preheated oven of 190degC for 20-25 minutes
Easy recipe with wondeful result :)

I'm linking this with:
* Sweet Tooth Friday
* Sweets For A Saturday #62
* Sweet Indulgences Sunday #48

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you muffins looks really moist and delicious! Great with a cup of hot black coffee!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Joyce, indeed this is one of my fave muffin recipe :) thks! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Alice, your blueberry muffin look delicious and tempting. The texture is very soft and moist.

    Your previous posting, your macaron look very good. Very beautifully baked, I've yet to try it out.

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Amelia, thks :) i really love this muffins, both blueberries and choco chips
      the macarons are still under construction now for improvement hahahah

      Delete
  3. cant decide if the chocolate chips one look yummier or the ones with blueberries. I love both combis and your muffins look so spongy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Janine, i had the same problem, couldnt decide on which muffin to take, i ended up eating both :)
      thks :)

      Delete
  4. Hello Alice, this coming from across the ocean, but I sure love your cupcakes. Impressive. Love the texture and colour.
    Can see you have a black belt in baking....outstanding!
    Nice family you have.
    Have a beautiful Sunday, and keep a song in your heart.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Lee,
      thks for dopping by my blog and your nice comment :)
      black belt? wow, thats really a compliment! i'm still learning, many many more things to improve, actually LOL
      have a great week ahead :)

      Delete
  5. hi Justine, thks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...