Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Pan Fried Tilapia (Happy Call) & Stir Fry Mixed Vegetables

I have just purchased ochre jumbo Happy Call double sided pan, after much consideration for the past few weeks and seeing the craze going on among food bloggers

For my first experience, I chose fish since no doubt I love fish, but every encounter with fish on normal frying pan has never been pleasant at all
The smoke, the smell, the splattered oil, the super oily fried fish, the tedious stove cleaning...

I was very satisfied with the whole process and the result as well, really worth buying! :)


The fish was cut into two, marinated and fried, and the frying process has turned to a pleasant experience this time :)
Too bad one of the fish lost its precious tail LOL


I've done this recipe before, you may view it HERE

And this is the companion, stir fry mixed vegetables


What you need:

2 cloves of garlic, crushed
carrot, sliced
cabbage, cut
salt, pepper, light soya sauce, a little sugar, water, a little cooking oil

Heat oil on frying pan, sautee garlic til fragrant, add in carrot, followed by water, stir well
Add in salt, pepper, light soya sauce, sugar, lastly, cabbage
Simmer til vegetables turned soft enough (I like vegetables with crunch)
Adjust taste, off heat

Simple, yummy and nutritious meal, isn't it? :)

18 comments:

  1. I've seen many bloggers using this HCP. Thought of buying one too. May I ask which size of HCP you're using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Ann, I use jumbo size, the biggest size...depth is 8.5cm :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Alice, your grilled fish look good.
    I was still considering about this happy call to buy or not to buy, LOL
    The review look good but then thinking of the gadgets that I owned, I'm still thinking thrice about it.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Amelia, thks :)
      I personally think happycall is really worth buying! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Alice,
    Can you pls share where did you get your pan from?
    Thanks

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Susan, I bought my happy call pan from a forum
      can pls gv me ur email add, i can email u the details
      :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Alice, thanks for your reply. Here is my email: sie.susam@yahoo.com.sg

      Rgds,
      Susan

      Delete
  4. Sorry, supposed: sie.susan@yahoo.com.sg

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've also seen some posts using happypan in blogs recently, sounds very convenient. How much did you get yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Lena, yes indeed its hassle free, especially when dealing with fish :)
      i bought it online in forum
      will email u the details ya.. :)

      Delete
  6. wow grilled tilapia is one of my favorites!! and i'm so interested in buying also, after seeing the many uses. do you mind sharing with me via email as well? thanks (ask.thekitchensink@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your chao da tilapia with its lost tail, makes me laugh reading about it. Poor fish. Do you have to flip the pan and grease both sides of pan? I'm thinking of getting the pan, but cannot decide what size to get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha... yeah I saw the fish face looked so pitiful :P
      no I dun grease both sides of pan, just the bottom one
      I didn't flip the pan, but I did flip the fish :D
      mine is jumbo with grill lines, now thinking of getting deeper pan, cos it's easier to use for baking cake :)

      Delete
    2. I see, ok will try frying fish first when I get the pan, then vegs. Thanks.

      Delete
  8. Hello I am New to this Happy Pan. Please e-mail me where to buy it. Thanks!: (mariatraffic45@ gmail. com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where can I buy this Happy Pan please? ( mariatraffic45@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...