Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Wintermelon & Pork Ribs Soup

Such a heartwarming dish the whole family love :)

What you need:
400g pork ribs, washed
2 medium round of wintermelon, peeled and cut into chunks
wolfberries, dried red dates, water, salt
  1. Bring a pot of water with pork ribs to a boil, discard the residue
  2. On low fire, simmer for 1 hour, then add in cut wintermelon, wolfberries and red dates
  3. Simmer for another 1 hour and add in salt
  4. On high heat bring to boil, off heat
Another weird thing I do, I like to eat this soup with rice and belachan chilli paste :)

6 comments:

  1. Mild soup with pungent belachan as condiment,
    that's appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice, it has been a long time since I had this soup & you know what, I actually made a similar version on last wek but hasn't posted yet. I just though of better cook this when I can still get wintermelon in the asian grocery & this is a summer soup, I'm glad to boiled it. When winter comes, I will start cooking herbal soup more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes i love wintermelon, it's cooling for our body :)
      awaiting for your post on the soup u made :P

      Delete
  3. I love eating soups with rice and sambal belacan too, with a squeeze of lime. Either that or some sliced spicy chili padi with soy sauce and a squeeze of lime! I do no need any other dishes!! Your soup looks delicious! I'm making some soup tomorrow, white radish soup, another of my family's favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Joyce, thks :) hmmm white raddish soup, another fave of my family, i usually add corn and carrots too, so sweet so delicious :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...