Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pahang MFF - Fried Sweet Potato Balls

Such a delicious and addictive snack and so easy to prepare
I definitely will make this again, soon :)

I used Vietnamese sweet potatoes. It has purple skin but apparently, even though it's also sweet, but the flesh inside is more to yellowish in color
As shared by Wendy, purple flesh sweet potatoes usually has sticker with purple background and those with white background sticker have yellow flesh
I was not aware of that. All along I just grab those look nice to me and whether it has yellow or orange or purple flesh, as long as it's sweet it doesn't matter to me LOL
It's good to get some new information, though. It can be very important and useful at times
Like making this snack, appearance wise, orange flesh sweet potatoes will give the best result :)





Recipe is from Lena's site but I used half plain flour and half sago flour to get some chewiness, which I didn't regret, i even found it's not chewy enough LOL

Very tasty, indeed. You won't be able to stop at one, or two, or more :)

I am submitting this post to Malaysian Food Festival: Pahang month hosted by Wendy of Table for 2...or More

14 comments:

  1. I love these too. A wonderful snack for tea time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice, this just reminds me i still have tapioca flour that i bought months ago specifically to make this!! and it's still sitting in my fridge lol. Better get down to this, yea, i used to love buying these from the malay van stall :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good, Alice. Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, i saw peng it with tapioca flour too. Thanks for the mentioned. Here's wishing you a great new year 2013, happy baking! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alice,
    I am eyeing on this too but last month was a busy month heehee. Would like to try this sometime!
    Looks really delish !
    mui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Mui, must try
      i'm looking for orange flesh sweet potatoes now
      once i find it, i'll make this again :)

      Delete
  6. Alice, I did this many times. Each time, I find it was not chewy enough. I mixed up tapioca flour, glutinous flour, and rice flour. When you have found a way to make it more chewy, please share here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure, will let u know when i can get it right okie :P

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...