Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Kong Low Noodles (Dried Sauce Noodles)

So simple to cook, and so yummy my whole family enjoys this dish so much :)




 
 
Recipe is from Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover which I modified a little...
 
What you need:
 
a packet of Cintan non fried dried noodles, prepare as directed
2 large shallots, sliced thinly
250g minced pork
a packet of shitake mushroom, sliced
fish balls
bokchoy, cut
chicken bone
a pot of water
a little cooking oil, pepper, salt, vinegar, fish sauce, sesame oil, light soya sauce, a little dark sweet soya sauce (kecap manis)
 
Method:
  1. Marinade minced pork with salt, vinegar and fish sauce, set aside for 30 minutes
  2. Mix cooked noodles with sesame oil, light soya sauce
  3. Heat oil in a wok, sautee shallots til fragrant
  4. Add in marinated minced pork, stir til cooked. Add in mushroom, stir and cook well
  5. Adjust taste by adding a little more salt, pepper and dark sweet soya sauce. Remove from heat
  6. Bring a pot of water with chicken bone to a boil
  7. Lower heat, add in fishballs and wait til they're floating
  8. Adjust taste (fishballs will make the soup salty I didn't add anymore salt)
  9. Add in bokchoy, simmer for a minute and remove from heat
  10. Arrange cooked noodle in a bowl and add in minced pork, fish balls and bokchoy
  11. Pour some soup on top of noodles (not too much, just enough to wet the noodles)
  12. Sprinkle fried shallots on top
  13. Serve immediately
 

13 comments:

  1. this is making me hungry now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good. Can I have some for my lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice - simple and homey. Best of all no msg. Something the whole family would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a yummy meal! Would love to have a bowl...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your shout out. I make this noodles at least once in a week, my family favourite too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious bowl of noodles. I make similar to this quite often too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alice, your noodles look so yummy! I always prefer the dry version.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to try your receipe for lunch next week!
    http://budgetpantry.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been so hot in Japan and I've been eating many kinds of noodles. I'm getting a bit tired of Japanese noodles, and this bowl of noodles look especially delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really does look delicious. Thank you for posting the recipe. It really does look simple and delicious.


    Please visit My Webblog


    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...