Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Perak MFF - Kampar Stir Fry Fun Jai with Long Beans

Another dish I saw caught my attention
It's something new to me and I like it. My mum said, not bad - quite nice, with chilli paste would be more yummy. I a kind of agree with what she suggested, adding some spiciness will give extra kick :)

Recipe is from Wendy from Table for 2.... or more

Somehow on that day after I was done with the cooking I was super lazy to take out my camera, so I just took some pictures with my mobile phone, fresh right after cooked LOL


 
 
What you need:
 
For the noodle dough:
100g rice flour
375g water + 1/3 tsp salt
180g rice flour + 20g plain flour
 
For the vegetables:
1 heaped cup of sectioned long beans
2 cloves of garlic, bruised and chopped finely
1/3 tsp salt
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp oil
 
To cook with the noodles:
4 shallots, thinly sliced
3 tbsp oil
 
Seasoning:
3 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp dark caramel sauce
dash of white pepper
1/2 cup water
 
Method:
 
Make the noodle:
  1. Mix water with 100g rice flour. Cook over medium heat, stir til thick. Off the heat and pour the remaining flours. Mix until sticky dough forms. Leave to cool, it will not be sticky but tacky
  2. Bring a saucepan of water to boil
  3. Oil one side of a cleaver (I do not own one so I used dough scraper)
  4. Flatten dough on the oiled side of the dough scraper, about 8mm thick
  5. Use another dough scaper (lightly oiled on the cutting edge), slice dough into the boiling water
  6. When the dough strips float, let simmer for another 10 seconds and use a small strainer and pick them up into a colander
  7. Rinse noodles under running tap water, set aside, let cool
Prepare the long beans:
  1. Heat wok til real hot, put in salt, then oil
  2. Add in garlic, stir quickly and then add in long beans
  3. Toss and cook til some parts of the long beans browning
  4. Add in water and simmer over medium heat (lid off) til softened
Frying the noodles:
  1. Heat wok and put in oil. Sautee shallots til golden
  2. Put in noodles and toss lightly
  3. Add in long beans and seasonings, toss lightly
  4. When the liquid looks absorbed, off the heat and let it warmed in the wok
 
For step by step pictures, you may view Wendy's site, it's really helpful :)
 

 
 
I'm submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest (Perak) hosted by WendyinKK from Table for 2 or more
 
 
A friendly reminder:
The giveaway is now opened. Closing date is 5 September 2013
Please view HERE for details :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...