Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Perak MFF - Lempeng Pisang

I love any kind of desserts or snacks with banana
So, this attracted my attention when I saw this posting by Elin from Elinluv's Tidbits Corner
And I managed to find time to make some, too :)


I agree with Elin, this is really bananalicious :)



This is really good, soft and sweet from the banana mixture and crunchy from the coconut, love it :)



What you need:
(Original recipe is from Home Kreation)

10 bananas (I used medium sized overripe Cavendish bananas)
1/2 cup flour
sugar - if you think the bananas u use are not sweet enough
fresh grated coconut + 1 tbsp sugar & a pinch of salt
banana Leaves - washed & wiped dry
 
Method:
  1. Mash bananas (coarsely) & add sugar to taste if necessary
  2. Add in flour & mix well
  3. Spread some amount of  banana mixture on a piece of banana leaf
  4. Spread 1 tbsp coconut on top. Fold & place on a grill pan (I used Happy Call pan). Cook both sides
  5. Repeat wrapping & cooking process with the remaining batter



Nom nom nom....



I'm submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest (Perak) hosted by WendyinKK from Table for 2 or more

3 comments:

  1. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comAugust 19, 2013 at 11:57 PM

    Hi Alice, love this lempeng pisang. My fav since school days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually lempeng pisang is common in Malaysia, but Perak version has coconut :)
    We love coconut!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...