Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Honey Lemon Chicken Drumlettes (Bill Granger) (Happy Call) & Thai Style Stir Fry Spinach (AFF Thailand)

A great pair for a descent meal at home with the family :)




Honey lemon chicken drumlettes

 
 
Recipe is from Bill Granger through Mich from Piece of Cake
I only used the drumlettes part this time, and I used Happy Call pan to cook this dish
I found out the sauce is too lemony to my kids' liking. They prefer those sweet salty kind of sticky sauce. The next time I make this dish again, I would use just 1/4 of the recommended amount
Other than that, this finger licking dish is pretty addictive :)

What you need:
(with my modification)

16 chicken drumlettes
1.5 tsp salt
125ml lemon juice (I would use just 30ml in the future mixed with water to make it 125ml)
5 garlic cloves (I used 3)
90g honey
lemon wedges to serve (I didn't use)

Method:
  1. Preheat Happy Call pan over low fire (oven would be 200degC)
  2. Place chicken in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and mix
  3. Place them in the pan and cook for about 15 mins, flip the chicken and cook the other side for another 15 mins
  4. Place lemon juice, garlic and honey in a small bowl, stir til honey dissolved
  5. Pour over chicken and stir til well coated, cook for another 20 mins til golden brown and the liquid gets sticky - flip whenever necessary

Thai style stir fry spinach



So simple and so good!
I guess I have discarded too many of the stems, I was left with mostly the leaves only :P

Recipe is from HERE

What you need:

1 large bunch of fresh round spinach (I used 2)
4 garlic, chopped
1 red chilli, deseed and sliced
1/4 cup chicken stock
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp cooking sherry (I used apple cider vinegar, can also use lemon juice)
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp vegetable oil

Method:
  1. Stir together chicken stock, oyster sauce, fish sauce, sherry and brown sugar. Set aside
  2. Rinse spinach and discard the root and the thicker part of the stems
  3. Heat vegetable oil, sautee garlic and chilli til fragrant
  4. Add in spinach, stir til spinach covered in oil and garlic/chilli mixture - about 30 secs)
  5. Add in stir fry sauce, stir fry til spinach cooked - about 2 mins
  6. Remove from heat, and adjust the taste: add fish sauce for saltiness, if too salty or too sweet add lime juice
  7. Drizzle with sesame oil while still hot, and serve immediately

 
 
Honey lemon chicken drumlettes is for Cook like a Star, organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, Yen from Eat your heart out and Mich from Piece of Cake
 
 
 
And, Thai style stir fry spinach is for  Asian Food Fest November 2013: Thailand hosted by Lena from Frozen Wings 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Alice,
    Both your dishes looks delicious, perfect with a plate of rice for dinner! Can I come over? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,
    The stir fried spinach look good!
    Is the 1 chilly added makes this dish hot? My kids loves spinach too.
    Honey lemon chicken drumlettes looks finger licking good too!
    Just both of this will be a prefect meal.
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, your drummets look wonderful and kind of sticky too..that plate of veggie certainly not enough for me :D

    thanks alice for your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alice, this 2 dishes are already very healthy and a complete meal. Have a great week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lemon chicken looks good, agree its very sour, my kids like sour things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo I also made this, but with chicken drumsticks and thigh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alice,

    The glossy lemony glaze of your chicken makes me feel like drooling....Ops!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...