Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

ABC January 2014 - Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies

Our first bake of the year for Avid Baker's Challenge (ABC)
This year of 2014 we continue baking great recipes from King Arthur Flour (KAF)
And the first bake chosen was this delicious fudgy chocolaty with yummy cheese topping brownies


 
 

I followed the recipe making half recipe with some changes:
For the brownie batter:
* I used 180g sugar (reduced from 224g for half recipe)
* I omitted chocolate chips
For the cheese batter:
* I used 60g caster sugar (reduced from 75g for half recipe)
* I used 1 tbsp plain flour (reduced from 29g for half recipe)
* I used whipping cream instead of heavy cream

For full recipe, it's required to use 9" x 13" pan
I did half recipe and used a rectangle pan which was a little too small. Hence the tall brownies. Luckily it didn't overflow during baking :)

Please view the full recipe HERE

My family loves this indulgence. DH still mentioned that it's a little too sweet to his liking but I found it's just nice. Who can enjoy brownies with no sweetness at all, anyway? LOL

This post is for Avid Baker's Challenge January 2014, a baking event hosted by Hanaa from Hanaa's Kitchen

 
 
 
 
You see the birthday decoration on the brownies?
I would like to dedicate this bake to Let's get Baking Together (LBT) to celebrate its 3rd year birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LBT :)
 
 
 
Lastly, this post is also for Little Thumbs up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by me, Alice from I Love.I Cook.I Bake
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Love your pictures. I think that the tall brownies look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cheese brownies. So moist n absolutely delicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the tall look of your brownies. The cheesecake layer looks very creamy. I think it's from reducing the flour amount which is something I plan to do the next time I bake these :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the marbling effect on the cheesecake top

    ReplyDelete
  5. That just looks sinfully delightful! There isn't a thing not to love!!! Chocolate and yummy cream cheese pairs so well together! Thank you for sharing the recipe! :)
    xo,
    Shar from delishar.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although sinful, I find that I can never say no to chocolate cheesecake. I'd like two pieces please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, can I use normal all purpose flour instead of King Arthur?

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi, can replace king arthur flour with normal all purpose flour?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is so decadent ! Simply divine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Alice,

    This cheesecake brownies combination look heavenly! Yum! Yum Yum!!!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...