Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Cheesecake Bread

This is the kind of bread you will go hhhmmm in every bite
The bread was so fluffy and soft and the cheesecake topping was so delicious and creamy with raspberry jam on top making it just perfect!




Yum yum yum!
 


Recipe adapted from Cathy's Joy

What you need:

For bread:
250g bread flour
45g caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp instant yeast
10g cream cheese
100g egg whites
20g shortening

For cheesecake:
I made 1.5 half recipe as follows:
225g cream cheese
53g castor sugar
27g egg yolk
57g melted butter

I skipped dessicated coconut and chopped walnut as topping for the cheesecake as the original recipe used. Instead I used raspberry jam

Method:

For cheesecake:
Beat cream cheese til soft, add in sugar and beat til creamy and fluffy
Add in egg yolk, mix well. Add in melted butter and mix til well blended
For the bread:
Using breadmaker, put cream cheese, egg whites followed by flour, sugar and salt
Lastly add in yeast and let the machine start kneading
After 5 minutes, add in shortening and let the machine do the rest of the kneading and first proofing
Divide dough into 25 equal portions, shape into small balls and proof for another one hour
Pour cheesecake batter on top, and spread evenly with spatula. Add in about 1/2 tsp of raspberry jam on each of the bun
Bake in preheated oven at 160degC for 25 minutes

Note:
This bread is so so so addictive. Best eaten warm!


 
 
This bread is for Little Thumbs up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by me, Alice from I Love.I Cook.I Bake

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fantastic idea ! Looks so good & I'm sure my family will love this bread with cheesecake ! YUM! Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,

    I can tell that this recipe is definitely a keeper! It uses shortening... I hope the use of butter will work the same :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...