Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

AFF Indonesia - Ayam Pop & Sambal Tomat Hijau

One of the so many dishes served every time I have my meal in Padang restaurant, a popular one! And one dish I must take, too :)
I found out that this tasty chicken is easy to prepare :)


 
 
For the chicken:
Recipe is from HERE with slight modification
 
What you need:
 
1 kampong chicken, cut as desired
8 cloves of garlic, grinded til smooth
1/2 tsp white pepper powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp sugar
2 tbsp butter to sautéing
1L coconut water (from 4 coconuts)
 
Method:
  1. Heat butter in a wok and sautee grinded garlic
  2. Add in coconut water, pepper, salt, sugar. Stir well
  3. Add in chicken and simmer (covered) til cooked and soft
  4. Set aside chicken and fry for awhile (not too dry - I pan fried)
 
 
 
For the sambal:
Recipe is from HERE
 
 
 
 
What you need:
 
10 green chillis
6 shallots
3 cloves of garlic
2 green tomatoes
enough cooking oil (used oil from frying the chicken)
a few pieces of petai (stinky beans) (I didn't use)
salt and sugar
 
Method:
  1. Steam all ingredients til soft and grind for awhile - not too smooth (except tomatoes)
  2. Add in salt and sugar, if desired
  3. Mix in oil and stinky beans, if using
  4. Keep in an airtight container, refrigerated



 I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest: Indonesiahosted by me, Alice from I Love. I Cook. I Bake       


1 comment:

  1. Hi Alice, this chicken dish is finger licking good. I love the green sambal, look so appetizing. Thanks for sharing your recipes.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...