Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

AFF Indonesia - Bala Bala (Deep Fried Vegetable Fritters)

Most of deep fried snack sellers (gorengan) have this!
One addictive savoury snack I actually don't feel like making, cos once it's in front of me, I just can't stop at one! LOL


 
 
Recipe is from Sajian Sedap with some modification
 
What you need:
 
200g cabbage, thinly sliced
175g carrots, thinly sliced
175g beansprouts
2 stalks of spring onion, chopped
200g plain flour
50g rice flour
20g tapioca starch
250ml water
2 eggs, lightly beaten
cooking oil
 
Blend together:
4 shallots
2 cloves of garlic
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp yellow ginger powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp chicken stock powder
 
Method:
  1. Mix well plain flour, rice flour, tapioca starch, water, eggs and blended seasoning
  2. Add in cabbage, carrots, beansprouts and spring onion, mix well
  3. Scoop batter about 3 tbsp for each fritter and deep fry til golden brown
  4. Best eaten with bird's eye chilli
 
So tasty and delicious! :)



There are others might be added into the batter according to your preference. Diced fried tofu, sliced red chillis, prawns are those familiar ones



I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest: Indonesiahosted by me, Alice from I Love. I Cook. I Bake       
                  


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...