Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

THB #31 Sunflower Pull Apart Focaccia

I have been feeling unwell since yesterday, down with runny nose and body ache. Not those very severe type, but it's pretty irritating when most of the time my nose is blocked and gotta breathe from mouth :(
Thankfully I still managed to bake this bread this afternoon :)

Okay, focaccia. All along I do not really fancy focaccia. I find its texture is just too chewy
But taste wise, I have no problem
Well, same as this bread I baked. A tasty focaccia with 'so so' texture

I baked half recipe and I made three sunflowers. Not too happy with the shape
If a sunflower could talk, it must have complained about how I 'downgraded' its beauty LOL




I did not even put anything on top, not even at the centre. I do not really fancy sunflower seed, I totally dislike olive, I did not have cherry tomatoes nor grapes. Ah never mind, I just shaped the bread

I followed the recipe, halved the amount
After reading reviews from other bakers, many mentioned about the wet sticky dough, I reduced the water to 120ml (for half recipe). But I still had sticky dough and needed to add more bread flour (I didn't measure the additional, I kept on sprinkling til the dough was no longer sticky)
I replaced all purpose flour with bread flour. Used 3/4 tsp of dried rosemary (for half recipe)
Baked at 220degC for 15 minutes




All in all, it's a fun experience :)
Regardless of the shape, and even though I do not think I'll bake this again, these not pretty sunflowers were great to eat, especially fresh from the oven. Best to dip in the soup or eat accompanied by sliced hard cheese :)
I do not think it'll taste as good tomorrow. Let's see!

This bread is for The Home Bakers - hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours, where we bake from the book Coffee Cakes by Lou Seibert Pappas
For full recipe, please view HERE

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alice,
    This focaccia is best eaten with hot mushroom soup, we did! And I did rather enjoy the shaping of the dough! :)
    I hope you are feeling better by now! Rest and take care!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...