Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Pumpkin Steamed Muffin

Such a right timing to make these muffins. I have been craving for it :)
Soft and fluffy, not too sweet yet yummy, I didn't get the typical yellow colour because I replaced half of the caster sugar with brown sugar. And I used local pumpkin which the colour is not so distinctive. I usually always prefer Japanese or Australian, but my luck only met with local one at the right timing when I had plan to make this LOL



 
 
Recipe is from Food for Tots
 
What you need:
 
125g pumpkin, steamed and mashed
1 large egg (64g with shell)
120g caster sugar (I used half brown sugar)
1/2 tsp salt
100g coconut milk
30g extra virgin olive oil
200g cake flour
1 1/2 tsp double acting baking powder
 
Method:
  1. Mix cake flour and double acting baking powder in a bowl, set aside
  2. Preheat steamer, wrap the cover with clean cloth to prevent condensation during steaming
  3. Hand whisk egg til foamy. Add in sugar and salt and continue whisk til sugar and salt dissolved
  4. Add in coconut milk, oil and pumpkin in sequence, mix after each addition
  5. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in wet mixture in 3 batches. Fold with spatula til blended and no trace of flour
  6. Spoon batter til 80% full. Steam over high heat for 15 mins - do not peep
  7. Check with skewer if the muffins are done, it should comes out clean
  8. Remove from steamer to the cooling rack
  9. Best served warm
 
 


 
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary)

4 comments:

  1. looks nice with the smiling face, thanks for your great sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice, I see coconut milk is added .. must be fragrant nice... would like to try these steamed muffins. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alice , i have sent you an email , kindly check it ya :) Serene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful, Alice! I like the smiling top!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...