Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Simple Fried Udon

A simple one dish meal I always love, so does my family
I found this recipe sometime back and I wrote it down but only now I managed to cook this dish
I am totally clueless where the source is, I tried to remember but couldn't recall, so my apology for not including the source link this time


 
 
Here is the recipe...
 
What you need:
 
2 packets (400g) of fresh udon noodles
1 pc boneless chicken breast - removed skin and sliced thinly
about 15pcs of medium prawns  - peeled and deveined
4 cloves of garlic - chopped
3 shallots - sliced
1 carrot - peeled and julienned
about half a can of button mushrooms - quartered
1 yellow pepper - sliced
a handful of sugar snap peas - halved
1 green chilli - sliced thinly (I skipped)
 
Seasonings:
 
2 tbsp light soya sauce
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp dark soya sauce
salt, pepper
1/4 cup chicken stock
 
Marinade for chicken:
 
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp light soya sauce
1 tsp corn flour
pinch of pepper
 
Method:
  1. Marinate chicken breast meat with the marinade sauce mix, set aside for about 15mins
  2. Heat about 3 tbsp of olive oil in a wok. Sautee garlic and shallots til fragrant and lightly browned
  3. Add in chicken, stir fry til no longer pink and add in prawns, carrots, mushrooms, pepper, chilli and sugar snap peas. Continue to stir fry til vegetables are nearly done
  4. Add in noodles and all the seasonings. Drizzle in the chicken stock. Continue to stir and mix well
  5. Dish out and serve immediately
 


 
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up  organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by My Bare Cupboard

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alice , I love this kind of one-pot meal , simple yet delicious ! Udon is one of my favorite noodles though I like it more in a stir-fry than use it in soup :D

    Thank you so much for linking this delightful dish to LTU !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...