Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Almost Famous Amos Chocolate Chips Cookies

I cannot believe I have been absent from blogging for a month! My August posts were only 2!
Confession: I have been on detox clean eating plan for close to 4 weeks which is rather strict in the choice of food, therefore the activities in the kitchen have been rather different, resulting in absence in my own blog haha.. Well, at least a piece of good news, I managed to shed 3.2 kilos as of today. I am quite happy as I have cheated a lot of times and the plan does not make me starve myself, in fact I have not been feeling hungry at all, and I still managed to lose some kilos :) I am to continue this eating style for the next few months, hopefully getting rid of more and most of all, be healthy :)

Now that I made time to sit and start typing, I feel that I miss blogging! Okay, let's continue then :)

Another recipe that I have been eyeing for so long but only now I made time to try. And true enough those full of praise reviews, these little bite size cookies are to die for!
Light and crunchy, delicious! Not hard at all! The coffee oil infuse definitely makes a big difference!


 
 
 Recipe is from Victoria Bakes

What you need:

250g butter, softened
200g light brown sugar
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp coffee oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup oats, grinded to bits
1/4 cup ground almond
1/2 cup nuts of your choice (I skipped)
1 pack of semi sweet chocolate chips (I used 250g Hershey's)
300g self raising flour

Method:
  1. To do a day before: In a small bowl whisk together egg, vanilla extract and coffee oil, cover and keep in the fridge overnight. Bring to room temperature before use
  2. Preheat oven to 160degC
  3. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, salt and sugar til combined. Add in coffee oil mixture, mix well
  4. Add in grinded oats, ground almond, chocolate chips and mix to combine
  5. Fold in sifted flour til combined
  6. Scoop a flat tsp of the dough and drop on a lined cookie sheet slightly apart, bake for about 18mins*
  7. Remove from oven, cool completely on cooling rack and keep in an airtight container

I personally always prefer softer chewy kind of cookies usually, but I kept popping in these crunchy cookies in my mouth. It's really addictive, help!

 
 
I packed some for Teacher's Day presents :)
 
 
 
*The baking time is for my own oven and I got browned crunchy cookies. The original recipe wrote 9-10mins, while Victoria baked for 10mins at 190degC and 27mins at 160degC , I tried the timing from the original recipe but I found it's too soft to my liking. I should try Victoria's next time. Please know your oven to decide the perfect timing, longer baking time for crunchier texture and shorter time will give soft and chewy cookies - your choice, but advisable to make bigger size for chewy type, approximately 1 heaped tbsp dough
 
I didn't bother to shape the dough into balls, I just dropped them onto the cookie sheet, hence the not so uniform shape. I should invest in the 3cm ice cream scoop Victoria used :)
 
Please do give this recipe a try! You will not regret it! :)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. u can find in any supermarket or baking shop :)

      Delete
  2. Woot!!! These r lovely!! Too addictive thanks for linking back... am sure these will be a hit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is, thks for sharing the great recipe Victoria :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...