Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Moo Moo Chocolate Ferrero Snowskin Mooncakes

This year I made only two types of mooncakes, the all time loved cheesy shanghai mooncakes and chocolate snowskin mooncakes. The latter one is Abby's request, my chocoholic girl :)

This time I used Kenneth Goh's recipe for the snowskin mooncakes since I found it's so cute especially the moo moo white/brown combination :)
As for the filling, I used the same recipe I used last year with a slight modification, and I added Ferrero Rocher in the centre as a surprise. Yum!


My moo moo white brown color combination wasn't as neat as Kenneth's :)
 


A very nice surprise in the centre :)
 
 
 
Recipe below...
 
For the skin:
(for 50g mould)
 
What you need:
 
White portion:
38g kao fen
38g icing sugar
20g shortening
40g cold water
 
Chocolate portion:
38g kao fen
38g icing sugar
20g shortening
40g cold water
1 tbsp cocoa powder
 
Method:
  1. In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the white portion til form a soft dough. Weigh into 15g balls, let rest for 10mins. Do the same to the chocolate portion in another bowl, but weigh 10g instead, to make the total weight of 25g
  2. To assemble both colors: flatten white ball and then take 1 chocolate ball, divide into 4 little balls, flatten them and stick them on the flattened white balls, not touching one another. Flatten them one more time
For the chocolate filling, please view HERE
My modification this time:
  1. I didn't use Baileys, I replaced with fresh milk, so total = 3 tbsp
  2. I used 70% dark chocolate
  3. I added another 1 tbsp of custard powder, so total = 2 tbsp (result was better, not as sticky filling as what I got last year)
  4. I weighed 20g for the filling as I added Ferrero Rocher ball at the centre, if not it's 30g
Enough Ferrero Rocher (optional)
 
*Assemble the mooncakes by wrapping Ferrero Rocher with the flattened chilled chocolate filling til a ball formed and wrap the chocolate ball with the snowskin mooncake
Place in the floured mould, press and release
Keep in an airtight container and refrigerate
 
 
To chocoholics out there, must try! :)
 


HAPPY MID AUTUMN FESTIVAL EVERYBODY!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! My sweet teeth are craving for this fun-filled chocolate ingredient! My kids will surely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That was sweet! Thanks for sharing this fun-filled chocolate ingredient

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...