Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Crazy Chocolate Cake With Dark Chocolate Frosting

I saw this amazing cake before HERE. She called it Chocolate Depression Cake. Wah!
And then I saw Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe Baked one too named it Crazy Chocolate Cake. Hoa!
Then my mind was set. I must try. Such an easy cake with unique name and great reviews?
Another highlight, no egg, no butter, no milk, and my favourite: no mixer! Can't skip!
Furthermore, my kids love chocolate cakes. And... Children's Day is here. Perfect!
And I did :)


Yummilicious very chocolaty cake for my kids. And the whole family :)
 


My kids insisted to use presents they received from their teachers to accompany the cake LOL
 


I used the recipe Diana shared as follows...

What you need:

1 1/2 cup plain flour
1 cup caster sugar (I used 1/2 cup caster sugar and 1/2 cup fine brown sugar)
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Valrhona)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 tbsp oil (I used rice bran)
1 cup water

For the frosting:
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (I used Hershey's)
1/4 cup evaporated milk
2 tbsp butter or oil (I used rice bran oil)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup icing sugar, sifted

Method:

For the cake:
  1. Preheat oven to 170degC and line a square 20cm pan
  2. Into a large bowl, sift together plain flour, sugars, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt
  3. In another small bowl, mix in vinegar, vanilla, oil and water, stir
  4. Pour in wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mix til well incorporated
  5. Pour batter into the pan and bake for 25mins or when the skewer comes out clean
  6. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack

For the frosting:
  1. Using a heavy bottom sauce pan over low heat stir together oil, chocolate, evaporated milk and vanilla
  2. Once the chocolate melted, whisk in icing sugar til the mixture is smooth
  3. Spread over the cake when it's warm. It'll harden a bit upon cooling

Another must try for chocolate lovers out there! :)
 

3 comments:

  1. Omg.!! Very delicious.!! Thanks for sharing this recipe with us..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very delicious.!!!!!!!!! This cake took my breath away when I stumbled upon it online..
    Yummy recipes for kids
    Fun Kids Recipes
    Yummy recipes for kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey I really like your recipes, I have do Roll cake It's a success, thanks

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...