Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Baked Sticky Honey Chicken Drumlets

Saw Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids made this dish and it looks so good. Too bad my kids can't take spicy stuff so I omit the sriracha. Well, it happened that I didn't have it on hand too haha..
Anyway, this easy dish is finger licking delicious. I used only drumlettes as that's what my family likes. I enjoy eating it with roasted vegetables, while my kids ate them with rice! Haha..
The next time I bake this again, I definitely will use sriracha for my portion, I believe it'll be even yummier *slurp*




What you need:

4 packs of 300g drumlettes

Marinade:
80ml sriracha (I didn't use)
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp light soya sauce
salt and black pepper

Method:
  1. In a bowl, mix in honey, light soya sauce, salt and black pepper
  2. Clean the drumlettes, discard extra fats and dump into an airtight container
  3. Pour in marinade and toss to coat, keep in the fridge overnight (original recipe only 15mins but I was kiasu haha..)
  4. Preheat oven to 220degC and lay the drumlettes on a lined baking tray and bake for 15mins
  5. Remove the tray from the oven and you will see the juices on it. That will slow down the drumlettes from caramelising. Remove the wings to another lined baking tray and put back into the oven to continue baking until the drumlettes are caramelised
  6. Serve immediately (original recipe used chopped spring onion, white sesame seeds but I didn't since the whole family crowd around me like hungry monsters when I took the tray out of the oven. I must reminded them that I need some for phototaking purpose haha...)

 
 
 
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and hosted by Joyce from Joy 'N' Escapade at this post

 
 


This post is also for  Bake Along, an event organised by Joyce from Kitchen FlavoursLena from Frozen Wings and Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alice,
    Long time no see! How are you?
    That chicken sure looks good! The next time you make with sriracha, I'll come over! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...