Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2016

40 Minutes Buns

This is my second time baking it and well, for my case, it takes longer than 40mins as I used my bread maker to do the kneading, but still this is a genius way to cut short bread baking process. Love it :)
First time, I just baked normal plain dinner rolls. This time, I added Nutella and cheese filling. As predicted, the Nutella filling were a hit with the kids, while I and DH enjoyed the cheese filling





Recipe is from Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe

What you need:

280ml warm water (or milk)
1/3 cup or 83ml oil
2 tbsp instant yeast
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
476g bread flour

Method:
  1. Heat oven to 220degC
  2. In a bowl, combine water, oil, yeast and sugar and leave it for 15mins. Using dough hook, mix in salt, egg and flour. Knead for a few mins til dough is soft and smooth and continue with hand kneading for awhile. Hand knead is possible too for about 5mins (I used bread maker and let it do the kneading job for 30mins)
  3. If the dough is still too sticky add in a little more flour (not too much), knead a few times and oil your hands too while kneading (After kneading in bread maker I still got sticky dough so I kneaded a while more with oiled hands and a bit more additional bread flour)
  4. Form dough into 12 balls and place in greased pan, rest for 10mins (For my buns with filling, I flattened the ball, spoon a heaped tsp of filling of choice - mine were Nutella and grated cheddar cheese)
  5. Glaze with egg wash, add the top of each bun with sprinkle of your choice, and bake for 10-12mins til golden brown

Note:
Wrap each cooled bun in cling wrap and store in airtight container. If keeping them in the fridge, warm it up in microwave for about 15secs


Cheese filling
 


Nutella filling
 


Something that I definitely will bake again and again :)
 


1 comment:

  1. Your blogging style is great. Hopefully you will post often, I will follow your blog. Keep posting for bakery products i love it very much.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...